- Choose A Provider
- Appointments & Registration
- Services & Programs
- Facilities & Amenities
GREEN BAY — The Bellin Foundation recently received on behalf of Bellin Health a $50,000 donation from Festival Foods. The donation will benefit Bellin’s emergency department remodel project.
“Festival Foods’ generosity is greatly valued and appreciated by all of us at Bellin Health,” said Michael Frohna, president, The Bellin Foundation. “This donation will go a long way toward helping us complete our emergency department remodel project. Our sincerest thanks to a valued pillar of our community at Festival Foods.”
Following a check presentation with Bellin representatives, Mark Skogen, owner, Festival Foods, said his company relished the opportunity to support the Bellin’s emergency department remodel project.
“Festival Foods is a locally-owned company and giving back to the community is part of our mission,” Skogen said. “We are proud to be here and delighted when we are able to give back and support it.”
The $13 million, 32,500-square-foot project to remodel Bellin’s emergency services facility and create a first-class, modernized emergency services pavilion will provide Bellin with more room to ensure better flow and access for patients. It’s also a necessary undertaking to help Bellin maintain its tradition of delivering high-quality, affordable care to the estimated 30,000 emergency department patients it sees annually.
The project is scheduled for completion by May 2010. The section of the hospital that currently houses Bellin’s emergency care facility was built in 1953.
The new patient entrance to the emergency services pavilion will directly face Van Buren Street. Planned features for the pavilion include:
· Sixteen individual, standardized patient rooms
· Separate KidCare – pediatric emergency care – and observation areas
· Diagnostic suite, including X-ray and CAT scan
· Three enlarged ambulance bays offering easier access for emergency vehicles
· Family lounge and counseling area
· Emergency medical services personnel lounge
· Central nurse’s station with increased visibility of patient rooms
· State-of-the-art decontamination unit