IRON MOUNTAIN — Bellin Health will recognize its Upper Peninsula Primary Care team and clinics during an annual ceremony held to honor distinguished employees.
The ceremony, Bellin’s Values in Practice Recognition Event, will be held at 6 p.m. Thursday, March 26 at the Radisson Hotel & Conference Center in Green Bay. The internal awards event spotlights teams and individuals within Bellin who best exemplify the health system’s Values in Practice: People, Service, Learn, Innovation and Improve.
The U.P. Primary Care team earned recognition in the Learn category due in part to their success in learning a number of new practices, procedures and computer systems following the 2007 decision by seven long-time independent area physicians and one nurse practitioner to join Bellin and form U.P. Primary Care.
“We are thrilled to be honored this way,” said Jill Broman, regional manager, U.P. Primary Care. “We’re all happy to be appreciated and are very proud of our team. It’s sort of a pat on the back for a job well done, and everyone appreciates that, especially with all the tough economic news we hear daily. This is a welcome breath of fresh air for us.”
The team, about 25 employees and 15 guests, will bus to Green Bay to attend the awards ceremony and banquet. They will leave at 3 p.m. from the west end of the Dickinson County Hospital Medical Building parking lot.
In fall 2007, the providers partnered with Bellin Health to form U.P. Primary Care.
The physicians and nurse practitioner currently on the U.P. Primary Care team include:
· Stephen Leonard, M.D., Internal Medicine 1711 S. Stephenson Ave., Suite 205, Iron Mountain
· James Batti, M.D., 1711 S. Stephenson Ave., Suite 115, Iron Mountain
· Rebecca Larson, N.P., 1711 S. Stephenson Ave., Suite 115, Iron Mountain
· Douglas L. Villa, M.D., 212 East B St., Iron Mountain
· David Atkinson, M.D., 500 Main St., Norway
· Dennis Ziemba, D.O., Kingsford Medical Associates, 145 Roseland, Kingsford
· Ellen VanLaanen, D.O., Kingsford Medical Associates, 145 Roseland, Kingsford
· Daniel McMahon, M.D., Kingsford Medical Associates, 145 Roseland, Kingsford
U.P. Primary Care offers such features as telephone access to schedule appointments 24 hours a day, 7 days a week; same day appointments; and a 24-hour community health line staffed by registered nurses who answer health-related questions and direct callers to appropriate care, as needed.
“It’s great to have such an array of additional resources from Bellin Health,” Ziemba said. “It really helps us further strengthen the top-notch service we can provide to patients and their families.”
For more information, call Bellin Health U.P. Primary Care at (906) 563-5201.