WRIGHTSTOWN — Bellin Health Family Medical Center-Wrightstown is offering a free health screening designed to ensure that hunters are up to the demands of hiking through the woods in pursuit of wild game.
The free Hunter’s Health screenings will be held from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m., Tuesday, Oct. 12, at Bellin Health Family Medical Center-Wrightstown, 555 Quality Court, Wrightstown.
The screenings include total cholesterol and glucose tests, a blood pressure check, body mass index, vision and hearing tests and risk factor evaluation by certified physician’s assistant Mark Dehnel.
Participants are encouraged to fast for 10 hours prior to the screening. The event is free but appointments are required.
Tips for hunters
• See your physician before hunting to assess your risk factors
• Learn CPR
• Carry a cell phone or radio and keep it on at all times while hunting
• Know the warning signs of a heart attack and call 9-1-1 immediately if you experience any of them
• Hunt with at least one partner
• Have an emergency exit strategy
• Begin an exercise routine or program under the guidance of your physician several weeks in advance of hunting season
• Don’t smoke while hunting
For more information about the free health screening, or to make an appointment, please call (888) 758-7373.