- Choose A Provider
- Appointments & Registration
- Services & Programs
DE PERE — Bellin Health will hold free knee and shoulder pain assessments from 5:30-7:30 p.m. Monday, April 15, at its West De Pere-based clinic.
Participants will be assessed by physical therapy staff to help identify reasons for knee or shoulder pain and offer suggestions for treatment.
Appointments are required and will be scheduled between 5:30 and 7:30 p.m.
Bellin’s West De Pere clinic is at 1800 Lawrence Drive.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention cites a 2006 National Health Interview Survey in which respondents were asked if within a 30-day period they had experienced pain in their joints. According to the survey:
• Approximately 30% of adults reported experiencing some type of joint pain within the 30 days prior to the survey
• Knee pain was reported by 18% of respondents
• Shoulder pain was reported by 9% of respondents
• Finger and hip pains were reported by 7% of respondents
Joint pain can be caused by osteoarthritis, injury, prolonged abnormal posture, or repetitive motion.
In addition to the pain assessments, the clinic also will host an open house event to showcase its newly remodeled space. Participants can meet the clinic’s physicians and enjoy a snack. An additional free screening will be offered to gauge blood pressure.
For more information on Bellin Health’s free pain assessments or to schedule an appointment, call (888) 758-7373.