Free event at Bellin to target ankle, foot pain
HOWARD – Bellin Health will offer free ankle and foot pain assessments from 5-7 p.m. Monday, April 22 at its village of Howard-based clinic.
Participants will be assessed by physical therapy staff to help identify reasons for ankle or foot pain and offer suggestions for treatment. Of particular focus are runners and individuals experiencing plantar fasciitis symptoms – significant heel pain with prolonged walking and standing.
Appointments are required and will be scheduled between 5 p.m. and 7 p.m.
Bellin’s Howard clinic is at 2714 Riverview Drive.
Foot and ankle problems typically fall into the following categories:
• Acquired from improper footwear, physical stress, or small mechanical changes within the foot
• Arthritic foot problems, which typically involve one or more joint
• Congenital foot problems, which occur at birth, are generally inherited
• Infectious foot problems, which are caused by bacterial, viral, or fungal disorders
• Neoplastic disorders, usually called tumors, which are the result of abnormal growth of tissue and may be benign or malignant
• Traumatic foot problems, which are associated with foot and ankle injuries
For more information on Bellin Health’s free pain assessments or to schedule an appointment, call (888) 758-7373.