Department: Food & Nutrition Services
Location: 301 E. Saint Joseph St, Green Bay, WI 54301
Schedule: Casual Part Time (8 hours/week) Days/PM's (5:00 am - 1:30 pm or 10:00 am - 6:30 pm)
Be a part of something BIG at Bellin! We are redefining hospital café cooking. No more cooking huge batches of mystery meat. No more cooking frozen vegetables to soggy imperfection. Cook healthy, delicious, on trend food to order right before the guest.
Under the direction of our Executive Chef, prepares food to order in our new, state of the art Café. Will use culinary skills to make each plate a work of art!
BENEFITS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Competitive wages based off your experience
Full benefits (health, dental, vision, 401K, Paid Time Off)
Second shift 11:30am – 8:00pm receives shift differential pay ($1.50/hour)
Weekend shifts receive $1.00/ hour additional stipend!
Work every other weekend!
Serve Safe certification provided after 6 months of employment
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Prepares food to dietary and visual specifications to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Properly measures and portions all food items. Complies with all portion sizes, quality standards, department rules, policies and procedures.
• Cooks all food to proper recipe specifications in a timely manner.
• Utilizes kitchen equipment to prepare food items such as: knives, slicers, whips, pots, pans, warmers, steamers, grills, ovens, etc.
• Ensures proper food temperatures are maintained and food is stored correctly.
• Ensures freshness and quality of all menu items.
• Performs opening, closing and side work duties as instructed and according kitchen guidelines.
• Keeps workstation and equipment clean, organized, sanitized, and sufficiently stocked.
• Follows and upholds all health codes and sanitation regulations.
• Sets up and operates kitchen equipment
• Uses waste control guidelines and records all waste on spoilage sheet.
• Performs other duties assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• High school education is desired; participation/enrollment in culinary program a plus
• Minimum of 2 years previous experience in back-of-the-house foodservice position preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Ability to read and understand recipes and food abbreviations.
• Pleasant and friendly; ability to adhere to Bellin Service Standards
• Ability to communicate with others
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Attentive and detailed oriented.
• Capable of following procedures and taking directions.
• Basic math skills; ability to understand, calculate and follow recipe measurements and proportions