Get to Know Bellin
Katchi kapshida — we go together. With a spirit of unified commitment and an eye to the future, the people of Bellin Health proudly bring world class healthcare to Northeast Wisconsin and Michigan’s Upper Peninsula.
We work together. We grow together. We heal together.
Based in Green Bay, Wisconsin, Bellin Health System is a rapidly growing, innovative network serving a market of 640,000 lives and employing more than 400 physicians and advanced practice clinicians.
- Operates a 167-bed community hospital named to Newsweek’s World’s Best Hospitals 2021 list, which recognizes the best medical institutions across 25 countries.
- Provides inpatient and outpatient behavioral health services, and offers a highly regarded psychiatric residency program in collaboration with the Medical College of Wisconsin-Green Bay.
- Serves pro athletes and weekend warriors alike with nationally renowned physicians and the very latest in technology at the state-of-the-art Titletown Sports Medicine & Orthopedics clinic.
- Features one of the nation’s first and most advanced family integrated NICUs.
- Recognized as one of the Nation’s 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals, a prestigious annual designation bestowed by IBM Watson Health, 11 times.
- The Bellin Health Cancer Team has two convenient locations in Green Bay and Marinette. As the premier oncology and hematology group in Wisconsin, Bellin’s physicians possess a breadth of clinical practice, are diversely trained, and can provide the most advanced treatments possible.
- Aligned with Medical College of Wisconsin-Green Bay to cultivate the next generation of physician leaders who train local to stay local. Opportunities to teach are available.
- Among national leaders in Team-Based Care, creating phenomenal physician satisfaction through a strategic redesign of the office visit and between-visit workflow.
- Operates under a physician/administration dyad structure, which means physicians have a strong voice in the organization.
- Physicians enjoy working for Bellin Health, as evidenced by a strong retention rate of nearly 92%.
Our workforce has forever changed including quiet quitting, the great resignation, mental health concerns and more. Creating psychological safety is a deeper solution to address wellbeing in our organizations and Bellin Health is implementing a monthly program that we call “Civilitas” to build trust and innovation within their teams. Bellin Health believes that a healthy culture leads to better retention, healthier employees, and greater engagement and workplace satisfaction as well as even better healthcare for our patients. Learn more here.
In the Community
- The Current Young Professionals group with the Greater Green Bay Chamber selected Bellin Health as a 2023 Next Generation Best Place to Work finalist. This award is presented to a business that demonstrates a commitment to the development of young professionals, adapts work-life-friendly policies, values generational differences, and institutes attraction and retention initiatives for young talent.
- A leader in transitioning to population health, a comprehensive approach that leverages the cooperative power of individuals, healthcare systems and community organizations to equitably optimize health and well-being for all.
- The exclusive healthcare provider of the Green Bay Packers.
- Values and promotes diversity and inclusion as part of our mission, enabling each person and community in our region to achieve and maintain their full health and well-being.
- Bellin Health Partners’ Accountable Care Organization (ACO) achieved the highest overall quality score and the lowest cost of care per patient among all Next Generation ACOs as awarded by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) (2017).
- Starting in 1977, the Bellin Run 10K was meant to be a one-time event, but overwhelming success has turned it into an annual event. One of the top 50 largest races in the United States, it includes on-course entertainment, a large community involvement (including volunteers), and has only had three course changes in its history.
Most Recent Awards
- Becker's Hospital Review 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare in 2022
- Forbes list of America’s Best Midsize Employers in 2022, ranking #244 out of 500 employers.
- Forbes has ranked Bellin Health as one of the Best Employers by State in 2021, #6 in Wisconsin.
- U.S. News & World Report has ranked Bellin Hospital as tops in Northeast Wisconsin and tied for #4 statewide, according to its 2020-2021 Best Regional Hospitals list.
- Newsweek’s list of World’s Best Hospitals 2021.
- Bellin Hospital has earned six consecutive CMS 5-Star Ratings.
- Newsweek Magazine’s Best Maternity Hospitals 2020 list, making it one of just two hospitals in Wisconsin to earn the designation.
- 2020 Wisconsin Collaborative for Healthcare Quality (WCHQ) Top Quality Award – recognized for exceptional quality improvement leadership.
- Moody’s - A2 Bond Rating in 2020.
- S&P Global Ratings - A+ Bond Rating in 2020.
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety - ‘A’ grade for spring 2021 – ‘Straight A’ status (at least 5 consecutive safety grade ‘A’s).
- American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines® Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award in 2020. Also received the Association’s Target: Type 2 Diabetes Honor Roll award.
- America’s 100 Best Joint Replacement Centers and 100 Best for Orthopedic Surgery by Healthgrades (2019-2022).