Get to Know Bellin
At Bellin Health, a proud local history of second-to-none patient care meets a present and future of innovation and growth to provide an exciting, dynamic opportunity for healthcare providers.
For more than a century, Bellin has been locally owned and operated, providing outstanding, affordable healthcare and achieving a level of quality that has allowed us to play a pivotal role in the health and wellbeing of families for generations.
Based in Green Bay, Wisconsin, Bellin Health System is a rapidly growing, innovative network of hospitals, physicians and clinics throughout Northeast Wisconsin and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Bellin serves a market of 640,000 lives and employs more than 400 physicians and advanced practice clinicians who serve as a reliable referral base.
- Bellin Hospital is a 167-bed community hospital that was named to Newsweek’s World’s Best Hospitals 2021 list, which recognizes the best medical institutions across 25 countries.
- Bellin Health has been recognized as one of the Nation’s 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals, a prestigious annual designation bestowed by IBM Watson Health, 11 times. The heart and vascular team has more than 40 years of experience in all facets of cardiac care, making it the most experience program in the region. Bellin Health Oconto Hospital is a critical access hospital 35 minutes north of Green Bay serving as a key access for patients to the quality services provided by Bellin Health System.
- Bellin Psychiatric Center (BPC) provides inpatient and outpatient behavioral health services, addressing a critical need in our communities. BPC is working with the Medical College of Wisconsin-Green Bay (MCW-Green Bay) to address the widespread psychiatrist shortage in the state and nation through a highly regarded psychiatric residency program.
- Bellin also collaborates with Medical College of Wisconsin-Green Bay on a variety of other medical education initiatives, working to cultivate the next generation of physician leaders who train local to stay local. Opportunities to teach are available.
- Since summer 2017, the state-of-the art Titletown Sports Medicine & Orthopedics clinic has been serving pro athletes and weekend warriors alike with nationally renowned physicians and the very latest in technology.
- Bellin Health is a national leader in Team-Based Care, creating phenomenal physician satisfaction through a strategic redesign of the office visit and between-visit workflow. The health system’s physicians are supported by a full complement of healthcare colleagues.
- Bellin Health Partners’ Accountable Care Organization (ACO) has a distinguished record of success, including achieving the highest overall quality score and the lowest cost of care per patient among all Next Generation ACOs for 2017, as awarded by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
- Bellin Health operates under a collaborative physician/administration dyad structure, which means physicians have a strong voice in the organization.
- Bellin Health is the exclusive healthcare provider of the Green Bay Packers.
- Bellin Hospital’s new state-of-the-art NICU will open in 2022, bringing state-of-the-art care and a unique-to-our region patient and family experience to Bellin’s Maternity Department.
- Bellin values and promotes diversity and inclusion as part of our mission to enable every person and community in our region to achieve and maintain their full health and well-being potential.
- Bellin Health is a leader in the transition to population health, a comprehensive approach that leverages the cooperative power of individuals, healthcare systems and community organizations to equitably optimize health and well-being for all.
- Expanding our pediatric service line is a priority for Bellin Health, with our new state-of-the-art NICU, added subspecialties and more to round out this important area of care.
- Bellin has greatly expanded its virtual visit capability since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, offering e-visits and video visits that offer patients the convenience and affordability of seeing their provider remotely with ease.
- Bellin Health continues to expand its digital front door, engaging patients with digital tools that are easy to access and navigate for a better overall experience.
- Physicians enjoy working for Bellin Health, as evidenced by a strong retention rate of nearly 92%.
Most Recent Awards
- U.S. News & World Report has ranked Bellin Hospital as tops in Northeast Wisconsin and tied for #4 statewide, according to its 2020-2021 Best Regional Hospitals list.
- Newsweek’s list of World’s Best Hospitals 2021
- Bellin Hospital has earned six consecutive CMS 5-Star Ratings
- Newsweek Magazine’s Best Maternity Hospitals 2020 list, making it one of just two hospitals in Wisconsin to earn the designation.
- 2020 Wisconsin Collaborative for Healthcare Quality (WCHQ) Top Quality Award – recognized for exceptional quality improvement leadership
- Moody’s - A2 Bond Rating in 2020.
- S&P Global Ratings - A+ Bond Rating in 2020.
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety - ‘A’ grade for spring 2021 – ‘Straight A’ status (at least 5 consecutive safety grade ‘A’s)
- American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines® Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award in 2020. Also received the Association’s Target: Type 2 Diabetes Honor Roll award.