Health Risk Assessments
Bellin Health and Healics have been partners in performing Health Risk Assessments (HRA’s) since 1998. Healics performs over 200,000 HRA’s each year and has resources throughout the United States to assist with coordinating testing for your employees.
HRA PARTICIPANTS: To schedule your appointment, refer to your participant login and scheduling instructions.
EMPLOYERS: To create your employer specific HRA program, contact Kristin Jacques at 920-436-8682 or email@example.com.
Health Risk Assessment (HRA)
The HRA is a tool used to educate employees in their personal health risks through completion of a health questionnaire along with a biometric screening. The testing is generally performed on-site at the employer; however, Bellin Health can also help to coordinate off site testing at our HRA and Bellin Medical Group Clinics.
The questionnaire addresses personal health risks, lifestyle behaviors, willingness to change and personal interest in wellness programs.
The biometric measurements obtained via a venipuncture blood draw include:
- Body Mass Index (BMI)
- Blood Pressure
- Total Cholesterol
- Total Cholesterol/HDL Ratio
- HDL (High-density Lipoprotein)
- LDL (Low-density Lipoprotein)
- Blood Chemistries that include: Albumin, Bilirubin, Calcium, BUN, Creatinine, Globulin, SGOT(AST), SGPT (ALT), LDH, Total Protein and Uric Acid
- Optional for Males: PSA (Prostate-Specific Antigen) - Males
The point system for Healics HRA is claims driven and was developed in 1991 by comparing health care costs with health risks. The scoring table is based on 9 measurable health factors on a 100 point scale. The scoring table is reviewed periodically and adjusted based on evidence based research.
While the questionnaire does contain subjective questions relating to exercise, alcohol, stress and sleep they are not used in the calculation of the participant’s total score. Answers to the subjective questions are useful if the HRA participant is working with a Health Coach to discuss their current health status.
Individual Health Risk Reports
All participants will receive a health risk report approximately 3 weeks after the health screening date. The individual health risk reports include:
- An easy to read report with individual results and the Healics Scoring Table
- A protocol for medical referrals and behavior alternatives (if any reported results require a doctors attention, it will be indicated as a “medical alert”)
- Comparison information allowing the participant to track changes in their health risks from year to year
- “Your Guide to a Healthier, More Vibrant Life” - a guidebook for understanding the HRA results.
The Executive Summary is an aggregate report summarizing all of the participants average health risks. The report is available approximately 3 weeks after the last participant completed their HRA. The aggregate report includes:
- The average score of all participants and how it compares to the Healics National Average.
- Identifies health strengths and risks of the population
- Identifies wellness program interests
- Provides the population demographics (i.e. average age, percent males, percent females, number of new participants)
- Identifies trends in the co-hort group of participants