As human beings there are three things we can train: our craft, our body, and our mind.
When it comes to athletic performance, we know how to put the effort in to train in the first two areas. We spend endless hours in the gym. We lift, run, watch what we eat. We hit, throw, shoot, and do everything we can to train our physical selves. But what about the mental part of the game? How do we train the mind? The brain and your mental approach to your sport is as important to success as every other aspect, maybe more so. Yet, mental performance is the most overlooked part of preparation.
Bellin Health Sports Psychology helps athletes train the mind to improve and accelerate athletic performance. We can help you reach your full athletic potential by improving mental skills.
Bellin Health Sports Psychology offers personalized, individual sessions to help you improve performance, manage the mental part of your game, and even overcome mental challenges that are holding you back from being your best.
- Increase mindful awareness to improve emotional self-regulation
- Improve moment to moment focus and concentration
- Increase self-confidence
- Increase self-motivation
- Increase mental toughness
- Expand emotional response flexibility
- Support the injury recovery process
- Develop internal self-coaching
- Recover from setbacks
- Manage pressure
- Improve energy management
- Set goals
- Correct habits
- Cultivate a growth mindset
Michael Jordan often said, "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships." How well a team communicates and works together can make a distinct difference in their overall performance. Games are won or lost before they even begin based on the degree of confidence, mental toughness, and psychological mindset of the team. To help, Bellin Health Sports Psychology offers team-based programs designed to achieve the most effective psychological mindset and outlook needed to create cohesion and elevate team performance.
- Establishing a winning team culture
- Improving team focus and concentration
- Developing team camaraderie
- Improving team confidence
- Team leadership
- Establishing team values
- Mental toughness
- Creating and sustaining a growth mindset
- Understanding team roles and responsibilities
- Dealing with and overcoming internal and external distractions
- Instilling a competitive drive
"Coaches who can outline plays on the blackboard are a dime a dozen. The ones who win get inside their players and motivate." —V. Lombardi
You’re an educator, a mentor, and oftentimes a parental figure. As an athletic coach you have the unique opportunity to influence and shape the lives of each and every player you have the privilege to coach.
The best coaches have the capacity to help players believe in themselves and reach a level of play beyond what even the athlete thought was possible. Bellin Health Sports Psychology offers a customizable program for coaches who want to increase their ability to help players and teams maximize their potential, both as athletes and human beings.
The areas of coaching focus include:
- Improving team mental toughness
- Communication with team and individual players
- Dealing with and overcoming negativity
- Creating teen vision and alignment
- Matching coaching style with team personality
- Developing effective pre-performance routines
- Post- game analysis and continuous improvement process
- Recognition of mental health and well-being of athletes
- Developing team habits to make each practice count
- Creating and sustaining confidence
Most parents want what is best for their children, whether it’s school performance, athletics, or life in general. We believe that parents typically will try to do whatever they can to help their kids, but sometimes their efforts can produce unintended results. In fact, the line between being a supportive parent and a negative influence can be very thin. Bellin Health Sports Psychology can help parents learn skills that will help their children maximize their potential and make their athletic experience a positive, valuable one.
The areas of parental athletic focus include:
- Improving pre-game, in-game, and post-game communication to promote healthy, positive athletic and personal development
- Teaching parents how to be sources of motivation and emotional support
- Confidence building
- Maximizing parental support during the injury recovery process
- Understanding the stress and pressure of the student and athlete
- Creating and sustaining a growth mindset
Bellin Health Sports Psychology offers both regularly scheduled group classes and personalized, one-on-one sessions.
To learn more about any of our programs, call (920) 431-5600.