Spiritual Care Services
Envisioning Bellin Health as a "Community of Healing and Transformation," the Spiritual Care Services team is available to support the spiritual and emotional needs of patients, loved ones, family members, and Bellin Health staff.
With an interfaith, multicultural approach that emphasizes the dignity of the individual, our chaplains respect the spiritual beliefs and needs of everyone as we provide an enduring pastoral presence.
Offering support during turbulent times, chaplains are specially trained ministers who work as part of a patient's health care team, believing that a person's spiritual and emotional well-being plays an important part in overall health.
Chaplains are available 24/7 to listen and provide a supportive presence to you or your family as you face challenges while respecting your faith tradition and values.
Faith Leader visits
In addition to visits from our chaplains, patients may call upon leaders of their own faith group to visit and provide support consistent with their faith practices. At the patient's request, chaplains can help make that contact.
If you are a patient or a loved one, we can help you contact your faith leaders or request a visit from a priest. Simply contact us at (920) 433-3482.
Phil & Betsy Hendrickson Chapel
Located in the lobby of Bellin Memorial hospital, this quiet space is always available for those who seek time to pray, meditate or simply breathe.
Weekly Prayer Connection & Requests for Prayer
Our weekly prayer connection offers all faiths, philosophies, and creeds an opportunity to call in for needed prayer time. Calls take place Wednesdays at 3:00 p.m. To access, dial 1-404-397-1516 and enter access code: 146 917 2595.
We are available 24/7/365 at 920 433 3482 to assist patients, families, associates and physicians with the following care:
• Responding to all Cardiac Alerts, Code Blue, Code Yellow, Code Neuro, and Rapid Responses to provide spiritual care, support, and/or prayer
• Assisting trauma team with contacting family, friends, and/or clergy
• Offering grief support at the imminent or actual death of a patient
• Providing spiritual care, consultation, crisis intervention, and debriefing as appropriate
• Available to assist interdisciplinary team during family meetings to aid in assessing the roll of patient's faith perspective during hospitalization/recovery/end-of-life issues
• Assisting with explaining and preparing Advance Directives (Living Wills and Power of Attorney for Health Care)
• Coordinating or administering (as appropriate) sacraments as requested (anointing, communion, baptism, etc.)
• Providing hospitality with patients or families who need extra care
Please reach out to us by calling (920) 433-3482 as we are here to meet the spiritual needs of Bellin Health of patients, loved ones, family members, and staff.