Bellin Earns UnitedHealthcare Workplace Wellness Award
‘Well Deserved’ honor recognizes employers for commitment to employee health
GREEN BAY — Bellin Health is one of 11 organizations nationwide to earn UnitedHealthcare’s “Well Deserved” award, an annual honor given to employers that have implemented innovative, industry-leading worksite wellness programs that help improve their employees’ health and wellbeing.
Bellin has incorporated a comprehensive employee wellness program that has incredible reach, with 100 percent participation and demonstrated results. Not only does Bellin’s wellness program promote a culture of health, but the company also is able to demonstrate actual dollar savings based on tracking shifts in risk and incurred claims total costs.
Bellin’s employee wellness program includes:
• A provision that assigns each employee a primary care physician and offers no-cost access to an emotional wellbeing counselor;
• An initiative called “Free 6 Conditions,” which provides 100 percent office visit and lab cost coverage for six specific conditions identified as top cost drivers; and
• Unique monthly community health challenges, such as “Find Your Pot of Gold” (donating time, talent and treasure) and “To Be a Lifesaver” (scheduling one’s annual physical).
Other organizations that earned a Well Deserved Award are:
• American Greetings, Cleveland, Ohio
• American Hotel Register Company, Vernon Hills, Ill.
• Graebel Companies, Aurora, Colo.
• Holland & Hart LLP, Denver, Colo.
• Medline, Mundelein, Ill.
• MGIC Investment Corp., Milwaukee
• OCLC, Dublin, Ohio
• Orbital ATK, Dulles, Va.
• School District of Waukesha, Wis.
• SIRVA, Oakbrook Terrace, Ill.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, worksite wellness programs “can improve employee satisfaction, reduce stress, decrease absenteeism and increase productivity.”
UnitedHealthcare data reveal that worksite wellness programs may result in lower medical costs and better primary and preventive healthcare decisions for employees who participate.
“UnitedHealthcare congratulates these companies for encouraging a culture of health at their workplaces and helping their employees live healthier lives,” said Dustin Hinton, president and CEO, UnitedHealthcare of Wisconsin. “A healthier and more engaged workforce can lead to better health as well as increased employee satisfaction and productivity.”
UnitedHealthcare annually recognizes employer customers with “Well Deserved” awards for their outstanding health and wellness programs, working with an external broker review panel to review and judge all applicants.