Bellin Run Road Closures Begin Friday
No shuttle service for 2022; participants, spectators, volunteers asked to plan ahead
Bellin Run participants, volunteers and spectators are asked to be mindful of the following navigation tips for race weekend June 10-11.
Plan Ahead — No Race-Day Shuttles
After careful consideration, the Bellin Run has elected to move forward without our shuttle program on race day this year. Participants, spectators and volunteers are asked to plan ahead on race day, leaving themselves plenty of time to park their vehicles and make their way to the start line. Please note that Mason Street between the downtown (Monroe Street) exit and S. Baird Street will be closed in both directions from 4:30-9:30 a.m., so individuals will need to navigate north of Mason to get to the area east of the event. There will be adequate parking available for all participants.
Patients needing to access Bellin Hospital are encouraged to be mindful of the recommended detours:
Road closures for Friday, June 10, from 2 to 8 p.m. include:
• Clay Street: from Porlier Street to Eliza Street
• Porlier Street: from Clay Street to Roosevelt Street
• Eliza Street: from Clay Street to Roosevelt Street
• Roosevelt Street: from Porlier Street to Eliza Street
Road closures for Saturday, June 11, start at 4 a.m. They include:
• 4:30 a.m.-9:30 a.m.: East Mason Street will be closed in both directions from Roosevelt Street to Webster Avenue. Please note that this is a change from prior years. We recommend that you park north of Mason Street
• 4 a.m.-noon: Clay Street from East Mason Street to Eliza Street
• 4 a.m.-noon: Porlier Street from Webster Avenue to Roosevelt Street
• 4 a.m.-noon: Eliza Street from Webster Avenue to Roosevelt Street
• 4 a.m.-noon: Webster Avenue from East Mason Street to Porlier Street
• 7:45 a.m.-10 a.m.: Webster Avenue from Porlier Street to Greene Avenue
• 8 a.m.-9:45 a.m.: Greene Avenue from Webster Avenue to East River Drive
• 8 a.m.-10:15 a.m.: East River Drive from Greene Avenue to St. Joseph Street
• 8 a.m.-10:15 a.m.: St. Joseph Street from East River Drive to Libal Street
• 8 a.m.-10:30 a.m.: Libal Street and Baird Street from St. Joseph Street to Garland Street
• 8 a.m.-10:30 a.m.: Garland Street from Baird Street to Irwin Avenue
• 8 a.m.-10:30 a.m.: Irwin Avenue from Garland Street to Hastings Street
• 8 a.m.-10:45 a.m.: Hastings Street from Baird Street to S. Clay Street
• 8 a.m.-11 a.m.: S. Clay Street from Hastings Street to Eliza Street
Patients needing to access Bellin Hospital are encouraged to be mindful of these recommended detours:
From the west on Mason Street: Take the Monroe Street/Downtown exit, turn right on Monroe Avenue, left on Porlier Street and left on Van Buren Street to the emergency rooms.
From the east on Mason Street: Turn right on S. Baird Street, turn left on Chicago Street, turn left on Monroe Avenue, left on Porlier Street and left on Van Buren Street to the emergency rooms.
From the north on Webster Avenue: the suggested alternate route is right on Chicago Street, left on Monroe Avenue, left on Porlier Street, left on Van Buren Street to the emergency rooms.
From the south: the suggested alternate route is north on Riverside Drive/Hwy. 57/Monroe, right on Porlier Street, left on Van Buren Street to the emergency rooms.
Emergency room access to both Bellin and St. Vincent hospitals will not be hindered during the road race and related events.
The 46th annual Bellin Run will take place at 8 a.m. Saturday, June 11. For more information or to register, visit bellinrun.com. Follow the Bellin Run on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.