IRON MOUNTAIN – Bellin Health U.P. Primary Care has started a new service designed to assist patients with health-related questions, day or night.
The service, 24/7 Scheduling, enables patients to call at any time to schedule an appointment with a doctor. For some, it can mean same day appointments. For those calling outside of normal clinic hours, the service allows them to access the next available time that is convenient for them.
The service is part of Bellin Health’s Nurse On Call program, a free service that enables patients to call anytime with health-related questions.
“The program is based on convenience,” said Amy Dettman, director, Bellin Medical Group. “It’s one of the many services and programs that we hope to continue to institute to better meet the needs of our patients and their families in the Upper Peninsula and surrounding areas.”
Eight independent physicians from Michigan’s Upper Peninsula and their practices partnered with Bellin Health in October 2007, forming Bellin Health U.P. Primary Care. They are:
• Stephen Leonard, MD, Iron Mountain Internal Medicine
• James Batti, MD, Iron Mountain Family Medicine
• Rebecca Larson, F-NP, Iron Mountain Family Medicine
• Douglas L. Villa, MD, Downtown Iron Mountain Family Medicine
• David Atkinson, MD, Norway Family Medicine
• Dennis Ziemba, DO, Kingsford Family Medicine
• Ellen VanLaanen, DO, Kingsford Family Medicine
• Daniel McMahon, MD, Kingsford Family Medicine
For more information on 24/7 Scheduling or Nurse On Call, please call (877) 416-0873.