GREEN BAY — Bellin Health will honor area high school athletes and key contributors during the 10th annual Night of Champions Award Banquet.
Night of Champions – to be held on Sunday, May 15, in the Lambeau Field Atrium – spotlights individuals whose contributions to sports extend beyond athletic ability. The event focuses on athletes’ character as well as physical abilities. It also offers an opportunity to examine athletes’ commitment, academic achievements and community involvement in addition to statistics and athletic feats.
Night of Champions will begin with a reception at 5:30 p.m. Dinner is at 6 p.m., with the program starting at 7 p.m. Tickets are $25 and are available by calling Jane Redlin at (920) 430-4750 or e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Tickets must be pre-ordered by Monday, May 9. They will not be sold at the door.
This year’s winners include:
• Mark Meerstein, NEW Lutheran, coach of the year
• Roger Toole, Bonduel, athletic director of the year
• Kewaunee High School Football, team of the year
• Brooke Lauritzen, Pulaski, female athlete of the year
• Troy Rottier, Seymour, male athlete of the year
• McKenna Larsen, Oconto Falls, female breakthrough athlete of the year
• Ben Smith, Brillion, male breakthrough athlete of the year
• Samantha Bissing, Bay Port, female comeback athlete of the year
• Thomas Dahlke, Shiocton, male comeback athlete of the year
• Bob Murphy, Kewaunee, Sue Primeau Sports Enthusiast Award
• James Killian, Bay Port, commitment to excellence
• Ben Tauchen, Bonduel, Night of Champions Scholarship Award
• Adam Thill, Peshtigo, Night of Champions MVP Award
• Marisa Ebli, Ashwaubenon, XL Athlete of the Year