Bellin’s Dr. James Jerzak earns educator honors
GREEN BAY – Dr. James Jerzak has been named Family Medicine Educator of the Year by the Wisconsin Academy of Family Physicians.
Jerzak, a board-certified family medicine physician at Bellin Health Ashwaubenon, will be honored Thursday, Oct. 23 during the Bellin Health Annual Medical Staff Meeting and Dinner at St. Norbert College. Officials from the Wisconsin Academy of Family Physicians will be on hand to present Jerzak an award.
According to the academy’s website, “the award is presented to physicians who provide outstanding and comprehensive family medicine education to medical students, residents and new physicians, and who demonstrate a balance between career and personal life.”
Nominees are evaluated on the following criteria:
• Recognized by peers, residents and students for excellence in teaching
• Compassionate to patients as well as to those he/she is teaching
• Directly and effectively involved in community affairs and activities that enhance quality of life
• Provides a credible role model as a healer and human being to his/her community, and as a professional in the science and art of medicine to colleagues, other health professionals, to young physicians in training and medical students
• Is a member in good standing of the academy