Bellin provides inpatient rehabilitation services for those individuals needing multiple therapies including physical, occupational or speech therapy to recover from select medical/surgical conditions. By offering inpatient rehabilitation, we can provide our patients with a seamless continuum of care. In addition to a shorter than average length of stay of 10-12 days, we also provide superior functional outcomes.
Our 14-bed, private room inpatient rehabilitation facility offers the intensive rehabilitation services you need to make the transition from a hospital setting to your home or a community based care environment.
The rehabilitation physicians are specifically trained in rehabilitation and coordinate the overall medical management and physical treatment program and oversee the multidisciplinary rehabilitation team. When combined with the rest of the team, they deliver the right mix of medical and rehabilitative care to produce the best outcomes.
Our interdisciplinary team consists of:
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation physicians
- Therapists - Physical, Occupational and Speech
- Rehabilitation Nurses
- Social Workers
- Rehabilitation Psychologists
- Neuro Psychologists
- Diabetes Educators
- Registered Dieticians
- Wound nurses
Patient’s primary care physicians are welcomed and encouraged to participate and be a part of the rehabilitation team.
Our Inpatient Rehabilitation patients follow a step-by-step process within the Unit.
- Assessment – Upon admission, each patient receives a comprehensive evaluation
- Treatment – Individualized treatment plans are created for each patient and are managed by a team of healthcare professionals
- Education – Patients and their family members are educated on the rehabilitation process, activities and precautions to be taken after the patient has been discharged
- Follow Up – Patients receive follow-up phone calls after discharge to ensure they are progressing with their recovery and to address any additional needs. Follow-up appointments are scheduled as needed
Inpatient Rehabilitation services include:
- 24-hour physician availability
- 24-hour rehabilitation nursing
Intensive level of therapy, with a minimum of two of the following therapies, with three sessions daily, five days a week:
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Speech therapy
- Weekly family meetings to update patient and family on rehabilitation progress
- Other inpatient care services determined necessary to address patient’s specific medical condition