Reasons to Call Us
A physician is available for urgent or emergency situation at all times. We encourage you to call us for any questions related to the health care problem we treated, new surgical consultations, and opinions in our areas of expertise.
In general, we will be involved in the management of your medical conditions for the initial 4-6 weeks of recovery after surgery. If you are uncertain about which doctor to call for questions or concerns, we encourage you to call us and we will direct you to the correct office.
During recovery, you should always contact us for:
- Fever or shaking chills
- Dizziness or fainting
- New or increased wound drainage
- Increased redness or swelling of a wound
- Increased or intolerable wound pain
- Clicking or movement of sternal incision
- New drainage from a sternal incision
- Severe or worsening shortness of breath
- Medication questions
- A continued decline of overall condition
Because small problems are easier to resolve than big problems, please do not hesitate to call with concerns during recovery. An office visit will be arranged when needed to assess the situation and correct the problem.