Big and Loud Program for Parkinson’s disease
LSVT Global offers both speech therapy, (LSVT LOUD) and physical/occupational therapy (LSVT BIG) programs for individuals with Parkinson’s disease or other neurological conditions. Bellin Health is pleased to offer both the LSVT BIG and LOUD programs at multiple sites within Sports Medicine.
LSVT BIG techniques train individuals with Parkinson’s disease and other neurological conditions to use bigger movements anywhere, anytime in daily living. This empowers individuals with the potential they have to keep moving and stay active.
LSVT BIG treatment consists of:
- 16 sessions: 4 consecutive days a week for 4 weeks
- Individual 1 hour sessions
- Daily homework practice
- Daily carryover exercises
LSVT BIG treatment:
- Trains a single target of amplitude (bigger movements)
- Drives intensive and high-effort practice
- Teaches the amount of effort required to produce normal movements
- Translates bigger movements into real-world, everyday activities
- Empowers people with Parkinson’s disease with their potential to improve.
LSVT BIG will help you establish a LIFE-LONG HABIT of BIG PRACTICE! It will teach you how to avoid inactivity and keep your movements ALIVE during everyday activities. It will help you participate fully and improve the quality of your life.
The Big and Loud program is available at the following sites:
The Neuro Team
725 S Webster