Would you like to know exactly how many calories you need each day to maintain or lose weight? Our ReeVue Indirect Calorimeter can do just that. This test will tell us how many calories your body burns at rest, which helps us then determine how to balance what you eat with what you burn.
- Taking the test is simple. All you have to do is sit back, relax and breathe.
- For 10-15 minutes, you will breathe through a tube while your resting metabolic rate (RMR) is measured. RMR is the number of calories your body burns at rest every day.
- With this information, you will know how many calories you need to eat each day to maintain or lose weight.
- After the test, a Registered Dietitian will discuss the results with you.
If you already have an appointment scheduled, here are a few reminders:
- Avoid eating 4 hours before the test.
- Avoid exercising the day of your test.
- Avoid the use of stimulants, such as caffeine, on the day of the test.
Payment is required at time of service as this service is not billed to insurance.
To schedule an appointment, call (920) 433-6787.
Click here for more information on the ReeVue Indirect Calorimeter.