Some pregnancies are more challenging than others. But our specialists are able to handle every aspect of your pregnancy and delivery—no handoffs or outside referring. The providers you’ve come to know and trust are the ones keeping you healthy, running your ultrasound, performing life-saving surgery if needed and holding your hand every step of the way.
Factors that may make a pregnancy high-risk:
- Any maternal medical condition, including diabetes, hypertension, seizure disorder, cardiac disease or thyroid disease
- Regularly taking medication to manage a medical condition
- A poor obstetrical (pregnancy) history, such as miscarriage, preterm labor or delivery or pregnancy losses
- Pregnancy abnormalities such as multiple gestations, preterm labor, bleeding, inadequate fetal growth or development, atypical ultrasound or problems that may place your baby at risk of genetic disease (such as family history and maternal or paternal age)
- Other conditions—contact a Bellin pregnancy specialist to learn more