The Breast Health Program throughout the Bellin Health System focuses on education, diagnosis and treatment of breast cancer and other benign breast conditions. Early detection is the key in increasing your chances of surviving breast cancer.
We provide Comprehensive Breast services at Bellin Health Hospital Campus Green Bay as well as screening mammography on our Mobile Coach which visits several of our rural facilities. Mammograms are performed by registered mammography technologists in FDA/MQSA accredited facilities. Mammograms do require an order from your medical provider.
Our screening program includes a combination of:
- Breast self-exam (BSE) starting at age 20
- Clinical breast exam (CBE) by a medical provider every few years for ages 20-39
- Clinical breast exam (CBE) annually for ages 40 and older.
Mammograms (link to mammography )
- Annual screenings beginning at age 40
- Earlier for those with increased risk factors
- As needed for a lump or change in the breast is noted.
- We use digital technology to help diagnose breast cancer
- In addition we offer breast ultrasound and breast MRI at our Green Bay Hospital Campus
If an area of concern is detected, Bellin offers a variety of methods to biospy (take a tissue sample of the area of concern) including stereotactic, ultrasound and MRI guided needle biopsy and excisional (surgical removal of an area).
The Breast Health program at Bellin focuses on helping women and men, with no needless wait, through the system for their breast health needs. We work with you and your provider to facilitate the next step in the process in evaluating your breast health. If your results look suspicious, a member of our Breast Health Team will assist you in scheduling any recommended immediate follow-up appointments or consultations. For more information, call 920 433-7555 or Toll Free 866 438-4540.